With our performance we take care of the Environment
The organization is getting involved in the consumption of cleaner energy. For an equivalent cardboard production, the consumption of GASOIL in the period 2017-2020 has been reduced by 96%, having changed the forklifts that use GASOIL for new ones that use gas or electricity. Starting in 2021, the consumption of DIESEL used in forklifts is expected to be somewhat residual.
The lighting of the entire organization is gradually changing to LED lamps, with the consequent savings in electricity consumption. In the 2017-2020 period, lighting has been changed to LED lamps in 80% of the office area, which entails a reduction in electricity consumption of 1 kWh on a daily average. In the manufacturing area, 40% of the lighting bulbs have been changed. These changes have been made in successive interventions, but with the commitment to continue making the changes to the rest of the incandescent lamp bulbs. The reduction in consumption in the lighting of the factory area currently represents about 4 kW / h on a daily average.
The main material used to manufacture corrugated cardboard packaging comes from recycled paper in a proportion greater than 70%, while it is a 100% recyclable product. A trend is developing to reduce paper consumption in offices, through the implementation of document management in digital formats. In the period 2019 -2020, it has been reduced by 7%, through the application of digital management.
PRINCIPLE OF ENVIRONMENTAL INTENTIONS
Our company, aware of the need to preserve the environment, assumes the responsibility that may correspond to it in this matter, acquiring the commitment to promote all actions aimed at ensuring that the development of its activity is carried out without causing damage to the environment and making compatible the economic growth of the company and the ecological balance in what may be affected by the activities it carries out.
To this end, the company defines its Policy by means of the following points:
- To promote the concern for the care of the environment, by means of the Awareness and Motivation of the personnel and the suitable treatment of materials, products and residues.
- Search for solutions aimed at saving energy consumption.
- Encourage the consumption of recycled raw materials.
- Search for supplies and auxiliary materials that do not contain heavy metals, toxins or any other type of contaminants in their composition.
- Treatment of discharges and waste water.
- Treatment of by-products and waste, facilitating whenever possible, their recycling.
- Care and cleaning of neighbouring areas, providing them with landscaped spaces where possible.
- Informing customers of aspects relating to the environmental policy regarding packaging and packaging waste.
- In general, strict compliance with existing legal regulations, both in Spanish legislation and those contained in the directives of the Council of the European Union.
- We have implemented the environmental management system ISO 14001, which ensures total confidence in this aspect to all our customers.